Thursday, May 21, 2009

Senior Capstone Project

This project is for my senior capstone class. It's a "design-build" project (something we design and physically build). The class isn't strictly architecture students, but open to all majors. Too bad the architecture students are still the ones doing all the work... figures. :) So, the class is doing a project for Sunnyside Elementary School. We are proposing to build a work shop for the school's environmental teacher. These are a few renderings of ideas, using recycled doors and materials. The goal of the workshop is to add more storage for his tools, and also add a chalk board wall and a cork board wall so it could be used for teaching as well. The doors would double to close the structure and also provide shelter.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is SWEET!!! I think I need one of those. I'm environmentally friendly, come build me one!!!!

I want to write notes and stuff to my neighbors and people coming over on the chalkboard. Stuff like "Watch out for tornados" and "Holy smokes, did you see the size of that hail?" and "I am so moving back to Washington, feel free to stay here suckers"